Thursday, February 7, 2008

Snohomish Junior High School Reunion - 2007

I haven't had much time to write lately and I really wanted to post some pictures from a really special night that I had with some ladies who I love and have shared some good and some bad times. When I went to junior high in 1989, I met some of the greatest friends I was to ever know. This is a group of women that I can pick up with right where I left off before. The funny thing is we all can, that is the type of relationship we have. It had been some years since all of us got together and when we met in December we were missing a few, but all and all it was a great time. It is weird because most people probably don't talk to the people that they met in the 7th grade, but we all are still connected so strongly. What is also interesting is that in most cases I don’t talk with these ladies on a daily or even monthly basis, but I will tell you that if I needed one of them they would be there without delay.

We went through some interesting times when we were younger that perhaps a lot of young people do not have to go through. There were many things that really connected us all, but one that comes to mind is really the first death that we dealt with in our young lives. Our friend Josh McDaniel died from a seizure when we were 14 years old. I think it was the first person that many of us knew who had died. Josh was such a great kid. He had an electrifying personality. After he died we all tried to keep in touch with his Mom and Dad, but eventually I think it was too hard for them to see us grow up.

And we did all grow up, eventually. It took some of us a while to determine which route we wanted to choose, but now we are all very well accomplished women.

Cheers to my dearest of friends, I look forward to our next reunion. Let it not take so long next time.

(Above) Clockwise from me, Tarah, Chelsea, Kati, Tiffany (not usually wearing a cowboy hat), Cassie, Renea, & Stacy
You can't tell but the woman to my left in the maroon (Kati) is 7 months pregnant with TWINS in this picture.


No comments: